Steven's Study Guides
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Steven's Study Guides

Where you can post your own Study Guides, Notes, and other school related things

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's freaking 2:30 in the morning and I can't sleep...DX

Go down 

If you acually understood what I said vote here. (be honest.)
I do understand
It's freaking 2:30 in the morning and I can't sleep...DX Vote_lcap100%It's freaking 2:30 in the morning and I can't sleep...DX Vote_rcap
 100% [ 1 ]
I don't understand
It's freaking 2:30 in the morning and I can't sleep...DX Vote_lcap0%It's freaking 2:30 in the morning and I can't sleep...DX Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

AuthorMessage
sifrzero0
Genius
Genius
sifrzero0

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2008-09-22

It's freaking 2:30 in the morning and I can't sleep...DX Empty
PostSubject: It's freaking 2:30 in the morning and I can't sleep...DX   It's freaking 2:30 in the morning and I can't sleep...DX Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 3:13 am

*Yawn* bounce

Hey everyone...we'll be dicussing the nature of human beings. Today's topic is:

Desire!!!!!111 cheers

Wut. Neutral

Here's my report in a nutshell:

In the core of human nature, all of us desire something. One of the things that we desire is acknowledgment. We want others to acknowledge and to accept our extistance. (Thus, our desire for fame and attention.) Not many peopl just want to be part of the crowd, they want to stand out in some way that makes them special, that makes them different. (Warning: PHILosophy is heading your way.)

Let's create a senario. Imagine that I am in a class with 50 students, and I say:

"Only 10% of you understand what I say."

Now, that would mean that most of the students in the class would be considered the 90% that does not understand, but I am positive that all of them are thinking the same thing:

"I am one of the 10%."

There are three possibilities:

1. They are actually the 10% that do understand. (Actually, if you did understand me, you would be able to point out the contradiction in my statement.)

2. They are fooling themselves into thinking they understand while they really don't. They misunderstand what I am saying. (A very few of these people acually exist.)

3. Their desire to be "special" or "exceptional" drives them to think that way.

The ones that truely understand what I am saying are the one that are thinking:

"I'm probably not one of the 10%."

Contradiction, it's a wonderful thing.

Well, I'm going to head in for the night... Sleep
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/sifrzero0

It's freaking 2:30 in the morning and I can't sleep...DX
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steven's Study Guides :: School Related :: Essays-
Jump to: