Steven's Study Guides
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Steven's Study Guides

Where you can post your own Study Guides, Notes, and other school related things

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The meaning of life

Go down 
+2
spicyburrito
tweabag17
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Grade it!
A- Very thoughtful and the explanation is great.
The meaning of life Vote_lcap25%The meaning of life Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
B- Impressive
The meaning of life Vote_lcap25%The meaning of life Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
C- Ok
The meaning of life Vote_lcap0%The meaning of life Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
D- I'm confused
The meaning of life Vote_lcap0%The meaning of life Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
F- Horrible (only put this if you can make a better essay)
The meaning of life Vote_lcap50%The meaning of life Vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
tweabag17
Smart
Smart
tweabag17

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-09-22

The meaning of life Empty
PostSubject: The meaning of life   The meaning of life Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 6:31 pm

What is the meaning of life? by tweabag17

Through religious means, I believe it is God's experiment of what our species can accomplish. He wants to see what we can achieve in our lifetimes and how that will affect our newborns' lives. How will the generations to come deal with the problems and plans we leave for them?

Life is also our opportunity to reveal each of our special qualities. If the world would combine and become one with lesser disputes, we would be living on Mars by now. Everyone can contribute in a way to advance the human race to the next level whether it be engineering, technology (Steven), humor, cooking (Philip), architecture, business, etc.

Lastly, it lets us be free and allows us to choose what we will think and do.

What is your take on this very broad and difficult question I thought of randomly?

Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Cool Laughing Mad Razz lol! afro flower study scratch cheers
Back to top Go down
tweabag17
Smart
Smart
tweabag17

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life   The meaning of life Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 6:32 pm

Plz try to restrain urself from any malicious (thats right big word) posts.
Back to top Go down
tweabag17
Smart
Smart
tweabag17

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life   The meaning of life Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 6:34 pm

The next essay will be about clown s, ANDREW!
Back to top Go down
spicyburrito
Smart
Smart
spicyburrito

Number of posts : 477

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life   The meaning of life Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 7:51 pm

wow... another random finding i see
Back to top Go down
http://Yaminashi.net
spicyburrito
Smart
Smart
spicyburrito

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life   The meaning of life Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 7:52 pm

what is death? Is there any clear answer?who has expieireienced death and has lived to tel it? no one. Is it eternal darkness, or r u able to see from above?
wat u think?
Back to top Go down
PhilipLee
Below Average
Below Average
PhilipLee

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life   The meaning of life Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:07 pm

tweabag17 wrote:
What is the meaning of life? by tweabag17

Through religious means, I believe it is God's experiment of what our species can accomplish. He wants to see what we can achieve in our lifetimes and how that will affect our newborns' lives. How will the generations to come deal with the problems and plans we leave for them?

Life is also our opportunity to reveal each of our special qualities. If the world would combine and become one with lesser disputes, we would be living on Mars by now. Everyone can contribute in a way to advance the human race to the next level whether it be engineering, technology (Steven), humor, cooking (Philip), architecture, business, etc.

Lastly, it lets us be free and allows us to choose what we will think and do.

What is your take on this very broad and difficult question I thought of randomly?

Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Cool Laughing Mad Razz lol! afro flower study scratch cheers

That's very well thought out todd, but there are people in this world that do not believe in god or gods. Here's my explanation:

First of all, I don't want to trample your beliefs, but personally I believe that religion is an abstract thing. A fact that: god doesn't exist. I feel this way because religion was a human creation. It is assumed that when people were unable to explain natural phenominon, they came up with the concept of a higher being or beings. Because Science was not very advanced in the past we found it hard to explain these things. (the sun, the moon, fire, water, life, ect...) Thus religion and mythology was created as an explantion to man's questions, because when people do not have definate answers to their questios, they tend to speculate.
Fear was another componant of religion. Death was feared by man (as expected) People did not want to accept the fact that once dead, there will be nothing, oblivion. Therefore, the concept of an after life was created.
Religion is very difficult to talk about because it is embedded very deep in human history. However, in reality, we have no poof to confirm the truth of religion.
I'm not saying religion was a completely a bad thing and I'm not saying that believing in a religion is a bad thing. Religion has brought wealth and persperity (and kept people sane...mostly) but Overlooking common knowledge to seek answers from religion IS a bad this. Common sense should out rank religion. As good religion is, is has also brought: racism, discrimination, islation, corruption, and conflict. (example: Holocaust, genocide, ect...)
Back to top Go down
PhilipLee
Below Average
Below Average
PhilipLee

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life   The meaning of life Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:16 pm

(I didn't have enough room so I had to post twice, sorry)

Now that that's out of the way...

I feel that it is pointless to speculate about life, let's face it, we are never going to find out the meaning of life. But if I HAD to speculate...not about life, but existance:

I an a scientist so i tend to look at it from a logical perspective, but if i had to speak from the mind of an average person, I would say that life is about Cause and Effect. Meaning that one's action will affect anouther's and so on. (like dominoes) Let us pretend that life is a wide field, and the people are walking around in it. All of our action are determined by others and vice versa. Your parents affected your birth, the doctor affected your delivery, and your friends, peers, and even complete starngers affected you way of thinking, life, and behavior. This can lead to only (maybe) one conclusion. Life is about conflicting cooperation (oxtmoron and contradiction, i know) We cooperate in one soceity by conflicting against one another. Conflict makes up cooperation, and cooperation is made up of conflict.

But, no two people think alike. Especially in philosophy. The real meaning of life for EVERYONE is what They make it to be, as long as YOU believe it to be true, it will be truth to you.
Back to top Go down
PhilipLee
Below Average
Below Average
PhilipLee

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life   The meaning of life Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:22 pm

spicyburrito wrote:
what is death? Is there any clear answer?who has expieireienced death and has lived to tel it? no one. Is it eternal darkness, or r u able to see from above?
wat u think?

Of course no one has experience death and lived to tell it. (obviously, that's contradiction by nature) And the concept of seeing from above had to do with religion (see 2nd post from this one to the top)

There is a clear answer but the clear answer is not a popular one.

It is basically eternal darkness.

Let's not come up with excuses, the cold hard fact fo life is that when you die, you cease to exist. You will disappear with time and eventually will be forgotten. That's cruel, but let's walk out of fantasy and step out of reality. I don't exactly know what happens when you die, but when you look deep inside your mind, into the depth of your fear and past the illusions of hope, we all know that when you die, there's nothing.
Back to top Go down
spicyburrito
Smart
Smart
spicyburrito

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life   The meaning of life Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 6:13 pm

thats scary
Back to top Go down
PhilipLee
Below Average
Below Average
PhilipLee

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life   The meaning of life Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 9:11 pm

not really, it's just the comparison from the tradional mind of soceity leading you to believe that life it a lot safer than you think.
Back to top Go down
spicyburrito
Smart
Smart
spicyburrito

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life   The meaning of life Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:23 pm

in english?
Back to top Go down
PhilipLee
Below Average
Below Average
PhilipLee

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life   The meaning of life Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 4:22 pm

&^#53&&3!60W2!65_%#$^^&809#W347176(8dc3$5709()...

its means that the concept of death isn't really scary, but because society has influened our minds to think that death is not relavent, it gives it the illusion that it is scary.
Back to top Go down
spicyburrito
Smart
Smart
spicyburrito

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life   The meaning of life Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 4:39 pm

do u think it is eternal darkness?
Back to top Go down
PhilipLee
Below Average
Below Average
PhilipLee

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life   The meaning of life Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 3:54 pm

i don't "think" it's eternal darkness. I "know" it is.
Back to top Go down
spicyburrito
Smart
Smart
spicyburrito

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life   The meaning of life Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 8:17 pm

how do u kno?
Back to top Go down
PhilipLee
Below Average
Below Average
PhilipLee

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life   The meaning of life Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 12:27 am

In a sense, it's the most logical explanation we have that's not completely insane.
Back to top Go down
*Miss Independent
Below Average
Below Average
*Miss Independent

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-10-02

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life   The meaning of life Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 5:06 pm

death is really not explained. but through the Bible there is a God who has a path for us to go to heaven or hell based on how we have presented ourselves and followed the Ten Commandments on Earth.
Back to top Go down
sifrzero0
Genius
Genius
sifrzero0

Number of posts : 533

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life   The meaning of life Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 7:22 pm

well, religion is whole different matter. human understand so much yet they fail to grasp the essense of their own being...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/sifrzero0
spicyburrito
Smart
Smart
spicyburrito

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life   The meaning of life Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 9:26 am

i think that cheese is good
Back to top Go down
spicyburrito
Smart
Smart
spicyburrito

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life   The meaning of life Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 9:27 am

jjk
Back to top Go down
spicyburrito
Smart
Smart
spicyburrito

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life   The meaning of life Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 9:28 am

I think that the people who r really christian and do everythung there supposed to in the bible, then they believe they will go to heaven. How do they kno that though? this is actually a very complex matter
Back to top Go down
tweabag17
Smart
Smart
tweabag17

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life   The meaning of life Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 6:43 pm

Aright, who gave me that F for my essay?

Andrew...

Last edited by tweabag17 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tweabag17
Smart
Smart
tweabag17

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life   The meaning of life Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 6:46 pm

Also, i believe it is difficult to be a scientist AND a religious person.

Reality ≠ Religion and Beliefs
(does not mix so well)
Back to top Go down
sifrzero0
Genius
Genius
sifrzero0

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life   The meaning of life Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 3:39 pm

spicyburrito wrote:
I think that the people who r really christian and do everythung there supposed to in the bible, then they believe they will go to heaven. How do they kno that though? this is actually a very complex matter

they don't but they believe it to be so.

This is acually not that complex but you guys are just making it seem complex.

Last edited by sifrzero0 on Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sifrzero0
Genius
Genius
sifrzero0

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life   The meaning of life Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 3:41 pm

tweabag17 wrote:
Also, i believe it is difficult to be a scientist AND a religious person.

Reality ≠ Religion and Beliefs
(does not mix so well)

Actually Reality is not something you canassiciate with science or religion. The correct term is science ≠ Religion. btw: science is a belief too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The meaning of life   The meaning of life Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The meaning of life
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steven's Study Guides :: School Related :: Essays-
Jump to: